this is service-directories

This page is only for quick content testing

Please test your final output on the Community Service Directories page.

Senior’s Home Renovation Tax Credit

The BC Seniors’ Home Renovation Tax Credit is a refundable personal income tax credit to assist individuals aged 65 and over with the cost of certain permanent home renovations, effective for the 2012 and subsequent tax years.

You can claim the credit when you file your T1 income tax return. Complete the British Columbia Home Renovation Tax Credit for Seniors and Persons with Disabilities form (Schedule BC(S12)) and enter the amount you spent on eligible renovations beside box 60480 on the British Columbia Credits form (BC479).

You must retain documentation to support your claim, including receipts from suppliers and contractors. If work has been performed by a family member, receipts for labour and materials must have a GST/HST number.

If you receive an invoice at the end of the calendar year and pay it in the following calendar year, the credit is to be claimed for the taxation year based on when you received the invoice.

Services available in: Vernon, Armstrong, Enderby, Lumby, Cherryville, Falkland, Westside

Tel: 1-877-387-3332

Email: [email protected]



Tel: 250.545.0585
Email: [email protected]



102-3201 30th Street, Vernon BC V1T 9G3
Get Directions